Watch this tutorial to learn how to build up tones with cross hatching when drawing. Make sure to pause the video after each step and look at the screen every few seconds while you are drawing.
Check out the Shading Resource.
"I will teach you about drawing pencils and when and how to use them. And I will demonstrate the drawing technique of cross hatching. But, this time I am going to do something different....You have the option to follow along! I decided to go the extra mile and provide you with a worksheet for the final segment of this video...print it out and do your best. We have a lot to cover, so lets start off with learning about pencils.
- Start out with a light to neutral pencil and go darker as you go on.
- Each row of hatches should be done at a slightly different angle to the previous row.
- When you cross hatch you should build your tones up slowly.
- You can differentiate your tones through adding pressure to the pencil but dont dent the paper or things will get more difficult.
- To make neat hatches, use the tip that I gave you (put a piece of paper by the edge).
- A slip sheet prevents smudges.
This piece took me two hours to make! Take your time."
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades