Take a lesson in architecture from renowned architect Doug Patt by watching this video tutorial. If you want to learn about drawing and designing, without going to school, Doug's just the teacher. Watch to see how to design and draw an architectural bridge house.
In this episode of Design a Dwelling, see where Doug designs a home. Other than a medieval anomaly or a draw bridge with a small structure for operation, it's not very likely you'll see a house built on a bridge any time soon. With that in mind, this bridge site at the Grand Canyon is perfect for a house. Any building placed on this structure would be able to take advantage of the thrilling view, and if designed properly, the vista would be completely unobstructed.
Doug did some thinking about the building and he liked the analogy of creating a home that is something like a cork to a wine bottle. In simple terms, just as a cork is round and fits the round neck of a bottle, the house would be rectangular, fitting the rectangular cut out shape of the structure.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades