Take a lesson in architecture from renowned architect Doug Patt by watching this video tutorial. If you want to learn about drawing and designing, without going to school, Doug's just the teacher. Watch to see how to design and draw an architectural cliff house.
In this episode of Design a Dwelling, see where Doug designs a home. You've probably seen cliff dwellings, if not in person, then most likely in your social studies textbooks. You've also probably seen houses set way up on a cliff, like out in California. Well, today we're taking a cliff site, which happens to be in the town of Hastings in East Sussex County, Southeast England.
The picture were using today was taken in about 1972 and is apparently just below Hastings Castle, which was built in 1066 by William the conqueror. This is obviously a dramatic site. The scale of the photo is slightly difficult to make out, but in reality it's superfluous. This exercise is simply to describe what an architect might be thinking about in a schematic way if cost and schedule were in no way an issue. It also assumes that just about anything is possible.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades