Jordon Schranz brings you this tutorial on drawing. Search WonderHowTo for Sessions Online School of Fine Arts for more drawing tutorials. The technique & craft of drawing isn't necessarily about inherent talent, it is something that comes with lots of practice. It is all about being able to accurately record what you see.
To a skilled artist, a bottle is not a bottle, and nor is an apple an apple. Whether they are solid or liquid, all bodies with mass have a form that you can communicate through drawing. This drawing lesson deepens your understanding of form, showing you how the elements in your composition can be viewed as fundamental geometrical shapes and objects. You'll also examine the principles of linear perspective, learning about the vanishing point, 1-, 2-, and 3-point perspective, and the phenomenon of foreshortening. Two techniques are addressed to help your integrate these ideas into your work—using measuring points, and using your good ol' thumb as reference. In the exercise, you'll apply all this knowledge to a still life project.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades