Take a lesson in architecture from renowned architect Doug Patt by watching this video tutorial. If you want to learn about drawing and designing, without going to school, Doug's just the teacher. Watch to see how to draw and letter with lead like an architect.
In this episode, we'll discuss the intricacies of hand lettering with a mechanical lead pencil instead of a pen. When using a pencil instead of a pen, you can control the thickness of your line. Doug is using a .7 mm mechanical Pentel drafting pencil. To get started he typically takes a plain sheet of paper and spins the pencil as he runs it across the page. This will give a point at the end of the lead. Then add guide lines to the page. Once you're ready to letter, grab the pencil as if you were going to be writing with it and scribble for a moment on a scrap piece of paper until one side is flat. This gives an edge to create a wider line.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades