This video tutorial demonstrates how to draw a cartoon soldier or police officer. Begin with outline of an elongated face. Right above his nose, draw a small brim of his hat. Continue with the brim, adding the hat band and the top of the hat shaped somewhat like a bowl. In front of his face, draw his arm bent upward so his hand is appearing to salute. Add in shoulder patches. Next, draw his other arm bent in at his side. Add his belt buckle at the center of his waist. Now draw medals and accents on his uniform including the start of a flag pole he is holding. Draw the outline of his chest. Add a belt on either side of the buckle. Finish his top by adding a flared bottom section below the belt. Now move on to the pants and shoes. His waist area is thicker, so continue that shape for his hips. His legs are straight lines and his shoes have pointed toes with a small heel. Continue the flag pole down by his leg and then up above his head. Add the flag with curved lines to give it the appearance of waving. Now go back over your sketch and darken your lines. Shade areas such as the belt, shoes, and pants. Add details to your flag. Finish it off with your signature.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades