This video shows you how to draw a cartoon smiley head in Inkscape:
Open a new page.
- Firstly go to the circle tool in the left hand bar and create a circle on the page
- Next go to the fill tool on the top bar and select the outline icon. This will outline your shape.
- Next select your desired color to fill the shape with using the color wheel
- Next for the eyes as you did with the original shape, use the circle tool and create two eyes
- Again, as you did with the original shape, select the fill tool and select the color desired to fill the eyes, in this case it is a pale yellow
- You can adjust the size and location of the eyes by clicking on them and using the adjust square
- For the mouth you use the circle tool and the rectangle tool from the left toolbar. Next use the overlap tool from the 6th from left drop down menu
- Once the mouth is formed adjust the size and location as you did with the eyes
- Using the fill tool alter the color of the mouth, in this case white was used
- For the teeth use the line tool from the left hand toolbar and draw a line from one side of the mouth to the other. Do the same in a series from top to bottom of mouth for the individual teeth
- The face, colors used and thickness/length of lines can be adjusted as done so before.
- Use the circle tool to create the pupils of the eyes and fill them with a black center and outline using the fill tool
- These circles can be adjusted as seen before