Watch this demonstration of how to make a medieval quill pen by Jennifer Smith of Ferrers Household at an English Heritage Living History event at Kenilworth Castle. In the Medieval era you may have had to make your own ink to write with in addition to making your own pens. To make a quill pen, you will need a big feather. You will need to trim it down with a pen knife. It takes a few precise maneuvers to turn a feather into a working and reliable pen.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades