An instructional video by tradigital artist Merrill Kazanjian.
Step 1- Scan the image
Step 2- Open the scanned image in Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop and cut out your favorite part. In this instance, I chose the head of the closest character. I liked the face that I drew, but I decided to change the hairstyle. I always liked NBA all star Ben Wallace's hair so I will use the digital scissor to cut it out.
Step 3- Print
Step 4- I use illustration markers and color pencils to give my old drawing a new look. For this image, I have combined traditional and digital media over an old pencil sketch. The sketchbook that it was in was taking up space in my studio and I hadn't looked at it for years.
Step 5- Finish the figure digitally
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades