You may not know how to draw, but but don't let that discourage your from trying. This video will take your fears away and prove to you that anybody can draw if they want to! A little instruction is all anybody needs to succeed. But drawing hands is difficult, right? Sure, hands are one of the tougher parts of the body to sketch, especially when holding something, like the pencil in this drawing. But practice makes perfect, so don't give up.
Watch this tutorial to learn how to draw a human hand holding a pencil. Make sure to pause the video after each step and look at the screen every few seconds while you are drawing. And check out the step-by-step instructions, or download the PDF for a printable version.
Step 1: Draw the three shapes that you see. The one on the left will be the tip of the pencil and the two on the right will be fingertips.
Step 2: Observe, then draw the thumb shape. Notice that it seems slightly thinner at the fingertip.
Step 3: Draw the K shape above the thumb
Step 4: Use a ruler to draw the top of the pencil. It should measure just less that three thumb lengths.
Step 5: Observe and draw the line to complete the finger over the K shape.
Step 6: Finish the hand shape by drawing in the heel of the palm and the wrist.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades