Portrait drawings are difficult for most artists, but one thing's for sure— drawing nerds is as easy as they come. Nerds are easier to draw because you can stray from the formality of portraits, putting your own spin on it, over-compensating the details, exaggerating the dorky features. It's a drawing class in its own, and Merrill shows you how to draw his version of the NERD!
So, remove that pencil from your pocket protector and start learning how to draw this glorious geek! Follow along and pause the video if you need to.
Step 1: This is where nerds store their smarts. In this caricature, make the top of the head slightly larger in proportion to the bottom of the head.
Step 2: According to Charles Darwin, nerd eyes and ears have mutated over time to enhance the nerds senses for activities such as shopping at RadioShack and watching Star Wars. The eyes and ears are very important to this caricature.
Step 3: Draw the nose shape and the wrinkle lines. Then, complete the outline of the face.
Step 4: Draw a half circle for the mouth. Then add the details.
Step 5: Add the lines to separate the teeth. For a realistic portrait, you don't want to go dark between each tooth, but here it's okay.
Step 6: Draw in the braces. Please note that the braces are just small rectangles over each tooth, connected by wire.
Step 7: Draw in the eyes. Notice that they are close to the upper frames of the glasses.
Step 8: Draw in the pattern for the hair.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades